Car Crash Attorney
Florida Car Accidents
The car crash attorneys practicing at Tuttle Servos, P.A. are well-versed in the Florida laws that govern car crashes. We will zealously defend your legal rights and develop a solid legal strategy to obtain satisfactory compensation for any injuries you have suffered. We will gladly explain the process involved in filing a claim and answer any questions that may come up.
Unique Aspects of Florida Accident Laws
Each state has their own laws regarding car accidents. Some unique Florida accident laws you should be aware of include:
• If you are involved in a car crash you have four years from the injury date to file a personal injury claim.
• If your car crash resulted in a fatality, you have a maximum of two years to file a wrongful death claim.
• The least amount of insurance coverage you can carry is $10,000 in PIP (personal injury protection) and $10,000 in property damage liability.
• Many drivers are not obligated to purchase bodily injury liability insurance.
• A no fault insurance plan offers ten thousand dollars in PIP that will cover medical expenses and lost salary regardless of who was at fault for the accident. In return for this PIP coverage, you will not be able to receive any damages for loss of enjoyment of life, pain or suffering.
• If your claim is less than $15,000 you can file your claim in the county court. For claims that exceed $15,000 you will file your claim in circuit court.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash you need to speak to a qualified attorney as soon as possible. The laws surrounding car crashes and personal injuries are complicated and you’ll need the experience and knowledgeable guidance of a skilled car crash attorney.
Call the car crash lawyers at Tuttle Servos, P.A. at 772-563-0032 or fill out our online quick contact form. We would be happy to schedule your initial consultation and begin working on your car crash injury claim.