Sharing Roads With 18 Wheelers
The trucking injury lawyers practicing at Tuttle Servos, P.A. are skilled and ready to litigate your trucking accident case. We are fluent in the Florida laws governing personal injury and trucking accidents and will fight to protect your rights. You can count on us to seek the maximum financial compensation allowable under Florida law to cover your injury related medical expenses.
18 Wheelers Pose Many Dangers
At any given time of the day, 18 wheelers and semi-trucks can be seen driving along Florida highways and roadways. The enormous size and weight of 18 wheeler trucks, not to mention any potentially dangerous cargo they may be hauling, pose many dangers to other motorists. Many accidents between passenger cars and 18 wheelers are due to the passenger car driver not being aware of the 18 wheeler’s driving limits and abilities. There are many scenarios that lead to accidents with 18 wheelers and they include:
• Passenger car drivers remaining in the 18 wheelers “blind” spots which include directly behind the truck or alongside it
• Making a quick lane change in front of the 18 wheeler
• Getting in the way of the 18 wheeler making a turn
• Inaccurate calculation of 18 wheeler’s speed and making a left hand turn in front of it
• Unsafe merging into moving traffic resulting in 18 wheeler having to move fast or brake
• Not slowing down or accelerating when an 18 wheeler switches lanes or merges into another lane
• Positioning your car directly between two 18 wheelers
• Passing an 18 wheeler and then being distracted by the air pressure caused by the 18 wheeler
Unfortunately, if you drive on Florida roads and highways you must share them with commercial trucks of all sizes carrying all kinds of cargo. Make sure you are aware of the inherent limitations and capabilities of these large vehicles so you can prevent a serious accident. If you are involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler the truck accident attorneys at Tuttle Servos, P.A. will help you file your personal injury claim. Call us at (800) 989-1267 or fill out our quick contact web form to set up your initial consultation. We welcome the chance to represent your legal rights and fight to recover the damages you are entitled to receive.