August 12, 2022
If you’re not familiar with the term, FTCA stands for Federal Tort Claims Act and refers to an area of federal law that gives people the ability to sue the government when they are injured as a result of negligence on the part of federal employees or contractors, which is where FTCA attorneys can help. Because the consequences can be so serious, it’s important to work with experienced lawyers who know how to navigate this very complex set of laws. Here is more information about working with an FTCA lawyer according to our friends at Cohen & Cohen:
What is a Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) Lawyer?
In the event that you have experienced any kind of harm or losses as a result of negligence on behalf of the federal government, it is best to consult a Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) lawyer. These attorneys can help you by explaining your options and ensuring that all potential claims are met.
- If you’re going through a divorce, then an FTCA attorney can help guide you through a challenging time and make it much less stressful.
- If you are facing foreclosure or bankruptcy, then they can also help.
- These attorneys have knowledge in both family law and criminal law so will be able to provide insight for either type of situation depending on your needs.
Why You Need One
FTCA lawyers help those who have been assaulted, sexually harassed, and/or injured by military personnel. To ensure your case is being handled properly and that you are being taken care of, it’s best to hire an attorney familiar with the Code to Prevent Retaliation in Employment (CPRE). There are several advantages that come from working with a knowledgeable FTCA attorney including: speed up the process, peace of mind in knowing your advocate has handled many cases before yours and can handle yours as well, and experienced knowledge on employment laws helps guarantee you’re not caught off guard during a deposition or trial preparation for employment conditions after discharge.
How To Find A Good FTCA Attorney
There are a number of considerations to take into account when finding the right fit for you. Here are some things to keep in mind as you search for a top-notch FTCA attorney:
- Look at different areas of expertise – Most attorneys focus on one or two major areas, such as contract law, criminal law, family law and so on. You may want to hire someone who has experience in your area but is not the best there is. You can find out which attorneys specialize in your area by checking their website, their social media profiles or searching through case studies they’ve written.
- Check all your options – The easiest way to do this is to go with a company that specializes in individual needs. Some companies will charge a flat fee for hourly rates whereas others will offer the same service for a set price. If you have questions about what’s better for you, it’s wise to contact the companies beforehand and ask them about their packages. Once you have found a few potential candidates, narrow down your selection by researching these three factors: availability (the total amount of time available each week), location (how close are they to where you live) and cost (most companies have sliding scales).
- Ask other people – You’re probably going to be working closely with this person over the course of months or years; make sure it’s someone trustworthy!
If you are in need of a lawyer, contact one today!