Car Accident Lawyer Palm Bay, FL
If you suffered injuries during a car crash, it’s important to discuss your case with a car accident lawyer in Palm Bay, FL. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim and protect your legal rights.
Suffering Whiplash in a Car Accident
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries people suffer during car accidents and occurs when your head is jerked back and forth suddenly. Common symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness, dizziness, headaches, shoulder pain and numbness in the hand.
Sometimes these symptoms don’t show up immediately. In fact, it isn’t uncommon for car accident victims to not show whiplash symptoms until days after the accident. That’s why it’s essential to seek medical attention promptly after a vehicle accident. If you delay medical care, you may experience debilitating pain and more limited range of motion. Additionally, failing to see a doctor promptly can also jeopardize your legal claim. The negligent party’s insurance company may argue that you aren’t truly hurt if you didn’t seek medical care right away.
Providing Proof of Whiplash
In order to receive compensation for your whiplash injury, you must provide the court with sufficient proof, such as medical records. These records may include hospital and doctor’s office records that outline your symptoms, test results and treatments you have received thus far.
A car accident lawyer in Palm Bay, FL may also advise you to write about your injury in a journal. Describe the symptoms you’ve been experiencing and how they have negatively affected your life. For example, if your neck pain keeps you up at night, jot that information down.
Consulting a Lawyer
Seeking compensation for a whiplash injury can be quite complex, so it’s wise to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. He or she can help you gather the appropriate evidence and locate witnesses who can testify on your behalf.
During your first consultation with a lawyer, expect to answer many questions about your case. If you have documents pertaining to your case, like a police report or medical records, bring them with you. Also, don’t be afraid to ask questions of your own.
If you recently got hurt in a car crash, you should schedule a consultation with our car accident lawyer in Palm Bay, FL today. At Tuttle Law, P.A., our lawyers are ready to help you.
How to Talk to a Doctor After a Car Accident
If you were injured in a car accident, one of the next things you should do is seek medical attention. Even if your injury does not seem too severe now, it is still critical to get checked out by a doctor. Otherwise, you could jeopardize your health. It could also make it more difficult for your car accident lawyer in Palm Bay, FL to help you obtain fair compensation. Here are some tips for communicating with a doctor after a car accident.
- Talk about your medical history. When you see a doctor regarding your car accident injury, he or she will ask you several questions about your medical history. It is important to be completely honest and provide as many details as possible. Your health history can have a big impact on your injury. For instance, if you suffer from diabetes, you may take longer to heal from an injury. Your doctor will keep this in mind and look out for signs of infection and other complications.
- Discuss your symptoms. It is also important to let your doctor know about the symptoms you have been experiencing after the accident. Try to be as specific as possible. For example, if you feel sharp pain in your lower back every time you get up, tell your doctor that. The more your doctor knows about your symptoms, the better he or she can help you.
- Explain how you got injured during the car accident. When visiting a doctor, you should also discuss specifics about the car accident. For instance, the other driver may have been speeding and crashed into the back of your vehicle. Be careful not to exaggerate any details because that could hurt your credibility in your car accident claim.
- Ask about your treatment plan. Treatment for car accident injuries can be long and expensive, so you should find out about what yours will entail. Ask your doctor how long your treatment will approximately take and how much your surgeries, medications and other healthcare expenses will cost.
- Ask when you can return to work. In most cases, you will have to take some time off work following a car accident injury. Your doctor should be able to give you an estimate of when you can go to work and if you will have certain restrictions.